Buzz controller on pc

Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi please can someone help or point me in the right direction?
I have a simple task for you guys not so simple for me.
I have the four wired “Buzz” controllers I would like a basic program that allows me to use them as quiz buzzers on my pc.
I have plugged them in and found that they show up as one 16 button games controller.
It must be easy to turn this into a basic quiz buzzer.
I verbally ask a question contestants press their button to answer the first to press locks out others I then reset via keyboard and we start again.
Please help

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Hello! Doesn't sound too difficult, but you haven't specified a programming language, so it's a bit open ended. Sounds like you're using Windows, so you'll need to be using the XInput API. I'd probably recommend Python (with the XInput-Python package) or C++ (with windows.h and xinput.h). Python's easier, if you're not already a coder and that package has a great example of an event-driven listener. You'd just have to figure out which button(s) correspond to which value(s) returned. If you have any questions, start some new posts in the language-specific forum and I'll do my best to help out.