Access denied due to security settings for intranet

K Viltersten

I have created a virtual directory. When I type in
http://localhost/myProject/test.html I get access denied with the
explanaition that intranet settings are turned off as standard. I´ve been
browsning around in the settings but I couldn´t find any suitable setting to
change. The exact error message is:
"http 401.3 access denied to ACL for the resource"

All the settings I followed were standard wizard settings.

Any pointers? What more information should I provide?

George

The IIS accounts and ASP.NET accounts must have read access to those
folders.
If you had created your folder in Inetpub/wwwRoot then those permissions are
inherited from the parent.
If somewhere else (even if you moved it to Inetpub/wwwRoot) permissions are
not set correctly.
The easies way just to replicate permissions that any folder in
Inetpub/wwwRoot has.

George.

K Viltersten

The IIS accounts and ASP.NET accounts must have read access to those
folders. If you had created your folder in Inetpub/wwwRoot then those
permissions are inherited from the parent. If somewhere else (even if you
moved it to Inetpub/wwwRoot) permissions are not set correctly. The easies
way just to replicate permissions that any folder in Inetpub/wwwRoot has.

Ah, found it. I needed to add two users and
assign permissions to them. The users were
IUSR_computername and ASPNET. After i've
added them to the the directory (with the
default settings), it worked.

Thanks!