Access Denied opening word within a web application

Dayne Dillon

Hi
I have a web application that generates documents and puts the info into a
word document wich then should open word for you to either open it or save
it.
currently I am getting a access denied error when the web app tries to open
the word application. I have applied the security as recomended in the
microsoft security bulletin KB288367 any other suggestions?
Thanks
Dayne

Raghu Raman

Hi ,

give u folder where the file resides , the access rights .right click u
r folder and select Every one under security tab ,and check 'All ' .

This should work.
Regards

Six faces rule the world

mc

How are you creating your word documents?

How are you trying to "Open" the word application?

if your creating the document server-side, then you should be able to
serve a hyperlink or a response.redirect to the document location, if
the user has the correct mime types the document will load? either in
your browser or directly in word.

Regards

MC