"Access is Denied" when calling a vb.net queued components in Windows2003 from a Web application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by JPC, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. JPC

    JPC Guest

    Hi,
    in my Web application, I 've a C# assembly that call a method of a Queued
    Component

    IMyComponent MyComp = (IMyComponent)
    (Marshal.BindToMoniker("queue:/new:MyAssemblyName.MyClassName"));
    MyComp.MyMethod() ;
    Marshal.ReleaseComObject(MyComp);

    On my XP Pro sp1a machine, the development machine, all is working fine.

    but when I install the Web Application on the Windows2003 Server
    and the QueuedComponent.DLL on the same Windows2003 server, I got an "ACCESS
    IS DENIED" on the line

    IMyComponent MyComp =
    (IMyComponent)(Marshal.BindToMoniker("queue:/new:MyAssemblyName.MyClassName"
    ));

    I installed the components with regsvcs.exe.
    The web application is impersonating the Administrator of the server.
    the User of Server Library where the QueuedComponent.DLL runs , is the
    Administrator of the machine...

    any idea where the security is blocking the access? I tried also to remove
    the check on "Enforce access checks for this application" and also setting
    to None the Authentication Level for Calls, but the error is still here...
    I tried both the Workgroup and the Active Directory configuration for
    Message Queuing.

    The strange thing is that if I try to run the QC from a windows
    application, using the same 3 lines of code above, all is working fine.
    The problem seems to raise when I recall the QC from the Web Application
    assembly.

    any help, or idea?

    thanks for any help
    JPC
    JPC, Jun 21, 2005

  2. JPC

    Stan Guest

    Make sure the client runs under a domain account. Local account will always
    give "Access denied" error message even if Authentication is set to None

    Stan, Jul 26, 2005