Access lotus notes using Python

Sateesh

Hi,
Is it possible to access Lotus notes using Python? Can anyone provide me
some pointers?

Thanks
Sateesh

Kartic

The Great 'Sateesh' uttered these words on 5/23/2005 7:14 AM:
Hi,
Is it possible to access Lotus notes using Python? Can anyone provide me
some pointers?

Thanks
Sateesh

Yes, you can... You need the win32all distribution installed and you can
access Notes using the COM interface (win32com.client).

Google for "Lotus Notes Python" gave the following as the first match.

http://www.dominopower.com/issuesprint/issue200008/command.html

Dig around.

Win32-perl has some nice COM examples for accessing Notes also. You can
convert the Perl-win32 examples to Python rather easily without knowing
much perl.

Cheers,
-Kartic

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=

Kartic said:
The Great 'Sateesh' uttered these words on 5/23/2005 7:14 AM:

Yes, you can... You need the win32all distribution installed and you can
access Notes using the COM interface (win32com.client).

There could be even more cross-platform programming options depending
what "access Lotus Notes" really means for the original poster.

Depending on configuration a Domino server might have several Internet
protocol services for accessing Notes data (POP3, IMAP, LDAP, etc.).

Ciao, Michael.

Thor Arne Johansen

Sateesh said:
Hi,
Is it possible to access Lotus notes using Python? Can anyone provide me
some pointers?

Thanks
Sateesh

NotesSQL is an ODBC driver for Notes.

Using NotesSQL and a python odbc connection you can use the standard
python db-api2 to access tables.

(Examples of odbc connection: mxODBC or the odbc provided by win32all)

HTH,

Thor Arne Johansen
Technical Director
Ibas AS

Kartic

The Great 'Michael Ströder' uttered these words on 5/23/2005 2:43 PM:
There could be even more cross-platform programming options depending
what "access Lotus Notes" really means for the original poster.

Depending on configuration a Domino server might have several Internet
protocol services for accessing Notes data (POP3, IMAP, LDAP, etc.).

Ciao, Michael.

So I guess it upto the Sateesh to tell whether he needs more information
or not.

Sateesh

Hi,
What I am trying to do is to retrieve data from Lotus Notes Domino server
and display the results in some specific format. I initially thought of
doing it using Java JDBC (specifically thru JdbcDomino.jar file), but was
not successful in getting the jar file (looks like IBM has removed the
support for JDBC for LotusNotes).
So now I am trying Python to get my work done. I downloaded pywin and
installed it. I am trying ways to connect to the Domino server, but could
not get hold of the API to do so. Also pywin itself seems to be having lots
of bugs.

Any help is appreciated.

regards,
Sateesh

jmgouzit

try this

import win32com.client
session = win32com.client.Dispatch('Lotus.NotesSession')
session.Initialize(r'pppppppp')
db = session.GetDatabase('',r'dddddddd.nsf')
view = db.GetView(r'vvvvvvvv')
doc = view.GetFirstDocument()
print doc.GetFirstItem('iiiiii').Values

domino return string as unicode

jm

try this

import win32com.client
session = win32com.client.Dispatch('Lotus.NotesSession')
session.Initialize(r'pppppppp')
db = session.GetDatabase('',r'dddddddd.nsf')
view = db.GetView(r'vvvvvvvv')
doc = view.GetFirstDocument()
print doc.GetFirstItem('iiiiii').Values

domino return string as unicode

Sateesh

Hi,
Thanks very much for the input. Could you please tell me where I could get
the API reference for these COM classes to access Lotus Notes?

Thanks again
Sateesh

jm

Lotus Domino Designer 6.5.1 Help (instaled by notesdesigner)

see section LotusScript/COM/OLE Classes & LotusScript Classes A-Z