Access to WebResource.axd through reverse proxy?

Guest

We're working on an app that will be integrated with another web app through
a reverse proxy. Our aspx pages will appear in an IFrame from their site and
will appear to the client browser as originating from the other app's domain.

Through use of relative URLs we've believe we have links working from page
to page. The problem we've discovered is with javascript, etc. emitted by
WebResource.axd links. All of these links seem to be directed to the app
root (src="\ WebResource.axd...") and these links point to the wrong domain
and subdirectory once they are served through the proxy.

Can "WebResource.axd" URLs be pointed to somewhere else besides the root?
Can they be made relative - no trailing slash?

I've not found any answers to this question in the newsgroup, MSDN or
ASP.NET forums.

Thanks!
Kevin

bruce barker

there is o built-in support for reverse proxies (they usually edit the
html on the fly). you have two options

1) use the html <base> tag and force the correct url
2) supply your own implementation of IResourceUrlGenerator

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Hi Bruce,

Could u please elaborate for the following two steps? Any example s would be
great!!

I have the same issue with my application.

Thanks!