Accessing a Java COM component from .NET

Mike

..NET framework 1.2

Hello.

We've been accessing a Java COM component from classic ASP for a while now,
which works fine. We now need to access it from .NET, but we have no idea
how to reference this component as we can't find the .dll (or whatever type
of file Java COM components compile to). We do know a couple of things
about the component:

CLSID: {E7DEFE93-E26E-11d2-B3A0-0000E8512796}
Component name: PaymentClient.com.COMClient

Searching the registry for either string yields results, but the only DLL
referenced is msjava.dll which is obviously not what we're looking for.

Can someone give us any hints on how to access this object from .NET.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest

Did you try OleView from the MS Platform SDK? That might do the trick, I seem to recall that it will show info about Java COM objects, including what dll the object resides in.

Mike

I tried it but I can't see my Java class. There's no Find feature which
isn't very useful.

Surely someone here must have accessed a Java COM object from .NET?

Mike