Accessing a Java COM component from .NET

Rofl Harris

..NET framework 1.2

Hello.

We've been accessing a Java COM component from classic ASP for a while now,
which works fine. We now need to access it from .NET, but we have no idea
how to reference this component as we can't find the .dll (or whatever type
of file Java COM components compile to). We do know a couple of things
about the component:

CLSID: {E7DEFE93-E26E-11d2-B3A0-0000E8512796}
Component name: PaymentClient.com.COMClient

Searching the registry for either string yields results, but the only DLL
referenced is msjava.dll which is obviously not what we're looking for.

Can someone give us any hints on how to access this object from .NET.

Thanks,

Mike

Rofl Harris

Hello.
We've been accessing a Java COM component from classic ASP for a while now,
which works fine. We now need to access it from .NET, but we have no idea
how to reference this component as we can't find the .dll (or whatever type
of file Java COM components compile to). We do know a couple of things
about the component:

CLSID: {E7DEFE93-E26E-11d2-B3A0-0000E8512796}
Component name: PaymentClient.com.COMClient

Searching the registry for either string yields results, but the only DLL
referenced is msjava.dll which is obviously not what we're looking for.

Can someone give us any hints on how to access this object from .NET.

Sorry to push for an answer here, but this is holding up our entire project.
I can find no resources on Java COM objects at all, let alone using them
from .NET. Does anyone have any ideas on this at all? Or am I missing
something here?

Cheers,

Mike

Thomas Weidenfeller

Rofl said:
Sorry to push for an answer here, but this is holding up our entire project.

Which is not really our problem, is it?
I can find no resources on Java COM objects at all, let alone using them
from .NET. Does anyone have any ideas on this at all? Or am I missing
something here?

From the rather incomprehensive description
(http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html) of you problem
(Java COM objects? What should that be?) I have concluded that

(a) you are maybe using Microsoft "Java" aka J++ with some proprietary
Microsoft extension. Microsoft discontinued J++ support (to hurt Java),
ignoring their customer problems. Bitch at Microsoft (as if they would
listen ...).

or

(b) you might want to have something like a Java - COM Bridge or an Java
- Active/X bridge. Google for it and search Sun's Java web site.

or

(c) you have seriously confused your technologies

or

(d) something else. Read the above URL.

/Thomas

Nils F

CLSID: {E7DEFE93-E26E-11d2-B3A0-0000E8512796}
Component name: PaymentClient.com.COMClient

To my knowledge Java do not use COM components. COM = Microsoft for
me. Component name looks like a Java class though. My guess is that
the component has been developed in Visual Studio J++

/Nils F