Accessing COM components from JAVA

redgambit

I am working on a project where I need to access a COM component from a
JAVA component allowing access to a non-java program. Or any other way
to allow a JAVA Program access information stored in a non-JAVA program
running in Windows. I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to
find any possible soultions. I turely do hate M$ but this is what I
have to work with. If someone could please help.

Thanks

Thomas Weidenfeller

redgambit said:
I am working on a project where I need to access a COM component from a
JAVA component allowing access to a non-java program.

Look for a so-called Java-COM bridge.

I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to
find any possible soultions.

Interesting, that topic comes up here in regular intervals.

/Thomas

Paul Bilnoski

Thomas said:
Look for a so-called Java-COM bridge.

Interesting, that topic comes up here in regular intervals.

/Thomas

A search for "java COM bridge" will get you some good results.
I used a project called JACOB in the past with decent results. There is
also a JCom Sourceforge project and several other implementations.
--Paul