Accessing data present in http from https frame

Hello,

I have a frame in which there are 2 IFrames., both being loaded from
the same domain. One IFrame is loaded from http://test1.xyz.com and the
other IFrame is loaded from https://test1.xyz.com/test

I am getting an error while accessing data in the HTTP IFRAME from the
HTTPS IFRAME.

Is it possible at all to access the data in the other IFrame, when the
protocol is different?

Please let me know if you have a solution. Appreciate it.

Thanks
Ravi

Martin Honnen

R wrote:

I have a frame in which there are 2 IFrames., both being loaded from
the same domain. One IFrame is loaded from http://test1.xyz.com and the
other IFrame is loaded from https://test1.xyz.com/test

I am getting an error while accessing data in the HTTP IFRAME from the
HTTPS IFRAME.

Is it possible at all to access the data in the other IFrame, when the
protocol is different?

The usual same origin policy doesn't allow that:
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/same-origin.html>
That is a document about Mozilla and other browsers may differ, IE/Win
for instance usually allows access between http://example.com/ and
http://example.com:80/ but I don't think any browser will allow access
from http to https pages as that way script could easily get a sensitive
data.