    Thanks & Regards,
    Sukhmeet

    , Feb 6, 2008

    The message i am getting is Automation server can't create object.

  4. Andy Dingley Guest

    On 6 Feb, 06:44, wrote:

    > I am using the following code to create a fileSystemobject.

    This is more a JavaScript issue, so I suggest asking in
    comp.lang.javascript

    > fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

    A FileSystemObject is capable of deleting local disk contents, so
    obviously the default security settings will prevent them being
    created. You'll need to switch off pretty much all local security
    first.

    Nor will FileSystemObject be able to read Excel files (other than as
    raw binaries). Use some of the Excel automation components instead.

    This code is also heavily IE-specific

    If you want to open Excel documents from a LAN, use a simple shortcut
    - no web tech.

    If you want to view Excel over the web, open the Excel document on the
    web server (using IIS, ASP and an Excel component) and then serve the
    necessary content as read-only HTML.

    If you want to make a web-hosted editable Excel, that's a big project
    requiring significant skill.

    Andy Dingley, Feb 6, 2008
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > Hi,
    > The message i am getting is Automation server can't create object.

    There was a thread about this in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general a
    couple of days ago. IIRC, it had something to do with the registry.
    Although you are doing something client side, this might be applicable.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 7, 2008