Accessing Files through http?

Ron T.

I would just like to ask if there's a way I could somehow read the
contents of a text file that is posted online using Perl code? If so,
is it also possible to open the file if it has a login verification
before access? I know it might possibly involve the use of HTTP
modules, but I'm not too sure how to approach the security login
information.

If you can help out or maybe give me some pointers on where to look to
get started, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ron Thompson

gf

I would just like to ask if there's a way I could somehow read the
contents of a text file that is posted online using Perl code? If so,
is it also possible to open the file if it has a login verification
before access? I know it might possibly involve the use of HTTP
modules, but I'm not too sure how to approach the security login
information.

Check out the LWP Perl module on CPAN, and especially read the LWP
Cookbook.

After that, check out WWW::Mechanize as it's built on LWP and will
streamline a lot of what LWP does for you.

Greg