Accessing JAR file specified in APPLET tag's "archive" attribute

Sajjad Lateef

My Applet code has all its icons and images saved into a JAR file which
I download using the archive attribute of the APPLET tag. There
are over 250 icons/images used by the Applet, and hence the
use of the JAR file (rather than individual getImage() calls).

I have the code to open a JAR file and extract a specific image file
from it.

But, how can the applet access the downloaded archives (JAR files)
and open them (as a file, InputStream, etc.)?

I did not spot any method in AppletContext or AppletStub for this task.
A quick Web search has not elicited any information.

Also, is there a way for an applet to access a non-image data file located
on the originating server?

Thanks in advance,
Sajjad

Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
demande

:

>>I have the code to open a JAR file and extract a specific image file
>>from it.

please show me it .