    I've created an authentication cookie, where a master user can hop from one site to another, and not have to keep logging in. This works fine on my test box, but I've just realized that from IE's perspective, it's all the same host.

    I'd like to be able to access these cookies from any site, but I realize for security reasons, you can't read a cookies set from another site. In my case though, they really aren't set from another site. Am I out of luck when it comes to accessing these cookies?

    --Michael
    Raterus, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Raterus

    Steven Burn Guest

    I don't think you can do that to be honest.

    Why not just use a DB instead of cookies btw? (for the master users anyway)

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    "Raterus" <> wrote in message
    Hello,

    I've got a bunch of web-portals that customers use to log-in and see their
    data. In a production environment, each of these has a completely different
    domain name, but they all point back to one web-server/same IP, they just
    have different applications configured in IIS.

    Steven Burn, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Raterus

    Raterus Guest

    Well my goal was to have them not have to log in again, if I use a DB (which I am), they are going to have to provide something to authenticate themselves, I was hoping it could be a preset cookie.

    Raterus, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Raterus

    Vijay Guest

    Dear Raterus,

    I belive you can send cookies across domains. I have read an article
    on achieving the same earlier.

    Make a quick search in Google with the keywords "send cookies across
    domains" and you will be pointed to some useful articles

    Please let me know if this still cannot be solved.

    Ciao,
    Vijay
    Vijay, Jun 30, 2004