accessing RecordStore

Marcin

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6100 phone and I'm develoiping application that stores
data via RecordStore class. The problem is I would like to have those
data on my PC (i.e. via infrared link).

Ideas:
1) Use infrared API - probably not possible :(
2) not to use RecordStore but other class (if exists) that allows me
to create file (in Gallery folder maybe?). The I could access the file
from Nokia PC Suite.
3) Access file there RecordStore records are stored (RMS.rms?) - but
how?

Is it any of those possible? Any other ideas?
Marcin

JScoobyCed

Marcin said:
Hi,

I have a Nokia 6100 phone and I'm develoiping application that stores
data via RecordStore class. The problem is I would like to have those
data on my PC (i.e. via infrared link).

Ideas:
1) Use infrared API - probably not possible :(

Why not. Using an IR to Serial application on your PC, and the JCA (Java
Comm API) you can exchange data between your phone and a computer.
2) not to use RecordStore but other class (if exists) that allows me
to create file (in Gallery folder maybe?). The I could access the file
from Nokia PC Suite.

No. You are restricted to access data created by the JVM. You can't
access directly to the File System of your phone.
3) Access file there RecordStore records are stored (RMS.rms?) - but
how?

I am not sure about that.

I would go for a IR 2 Serial emulation on your PC, and communicate with
the IR RFCOMM serial connection (provided it is working on the 6100).
Another way would be to have a (web-)server on the PC and connect it
through a (Http)Connection.

Marcin

Could you be more precise? From your post I understood that you want
to use javax.microedition.io package. Since Nokia 6100 supports only
MIDP 1.0 this package is not accessible.

So there is no way (is there) to use serial port and to create a http
connection.

Marcin