Accessing resources fails with <identity impersonate="true"/>

Guest

Hi all,

in a simple ASP.Net application with resources in satellite assemblies I
have the following problem:

If I set <identity impersonate="true"/>, accessing a culture specific
resource from a satellite assembly fails with the error message:
"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the
neutral culture) in the given assembly. ..."

With <identity impersonate="false"/> everything works. Looks like that an
impersonated user is not able to access resources in satellite assemblies.

Any idea how to enable an impersonated user to access resources in satellite
assemblies?

Franz

GrantMagic

HAve you tried setting the username and password in the <identity> tag

like this:
<identity impersonate="true" userName="DOMAIN\UserName"
password="Password" />

Guest

Thank you for your reply. When I do this it works. But as my application
(SharePoint Web part) has to execute with the identity of the client
requesting the page this does not solve my problem. But it would also be
interesting to understand why it works when impersonating with setting
username/password.