Accessing Single Row of 2D Array

Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hey All,

In a testbench I am working on I have created a 2D array where each row has 300 elements. I have the array set up so that if I want to access a single element I use the following syntax: Array(X)(Y).

I am filling the rows in the array with data that I then want to pass into a procedure. The procedure expects a 1D array with 300 elements. I tried to pass in a single row by using: Array(X) to just indicate a single row. When I do this I get this error: Actual parameter types in subprogram call do not match subprogram formal parameter types

I also tried passing in a single row by using the following: Array(X)(0 to 299) but I got the same error.

Does anyone know of a way to pass an entire row from a 2D array into a procedure? Being I am passing it into a procedure I need to be able to directly access it and not have to use a for loop or anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know the answer to the above question? Can multidimensional arrays even be accessed by row (a whole row at a time)? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.