Accessing Single Row of 2D Array

Reaction score
Hey All,

In a testbench I am working on I have created a 2D array where each row has 300 elements. I have the array set up so that if I want to access a single element I use the following syntax: Array(X)(Y).

I am filling the rows in the array with data that I then want to pass into a procedure. The procedure expects a 1D array with 300 elements. I tried to pass in a single row by using: Array(X) to just indicate a single row. When I do this I get this error: Actual parameter types in subprogram call do not match subprogram formal parameter types

I also tried passing in a single row by using the following: Array(X)(0 to 299) but I got the same error.

Does anyone know of a way to pass an entire row from a 2D array into a procedure? Being I am passing it into a procedure I need to be able to directly access it and not have to use a for loop or anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Does anyone know the answer to the above question? Can multidimensional arrays even be accessed by row (a whole row at a time)? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Ask a Question