Accessing Values of local variables in previous page when using custom error page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by steve king, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. steve king

    steve king Guest

    Hello,

    I have created a nice funky 500 - 100 error page which gives a nicer
    error; happily loops through and supplies querysting information, all
    headers, server variables..etc but it has a limitation.

    On a normal error page you can always use a response.write then
    response.end to look a the value of a local variable. What I would
    LOVE would be to be able to loop through all the local variables (not
    form or querystring, they're sorted) on the previous page and display
    their values so a developer would see the complete state of the page
    on the error page without having to use any on error statements.

    Has anyone achieved this, I can't think of a way at all.

    Many thanks anyone who gives it some thought.

    Best regards,

    Steve King
    steve king, Sep 4, 2003