Accesskey option

Manan

hi All,

I'm using a web application. On my .aspx pages I want to
add shortcut keying option to textbox, dropdown, and
button. I know i can use AccessKey to add shortcuts but
I'm having problem with Button control. I want, when user
uses Alt + P. I want to give focus to a button control. I
have tried button1.Text = "&Print"; didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Manan

Lewis Wang [MSFT]

Hi Manan,

You can add an AccessKey property on the Button control. The following
simple ASPX page works properly on my side. You can test the page on your
side:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>WebForm1</title>
</HEAD>
<INPUT style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 112px;
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 184px" type="button"
value="Type Alt+n" accesskey="N">
<asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT:
112px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 96px" runat="server"
Text="Type Alt+p" AccessKey="P"
</asp:Button>
</form>
</HTML>