    is there any implementation of ruby like activerecord in java?

    regards
    gaurav
    gaurav v bagga, Jan 29, 2007

  2. gaurav v bagga

    Danno Guest

    On Jan 28, 10:55 pm, "gaurav v bagga" <>
    wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > is there any implementation of ruby like activerecord in java?

    Sure, lots,

    Hibernate, EJB3.0, TopLink, Cayenne
    Danno, Jan 29, 2007

  3. hi,

    i haven't used them but will like to know is it that
    you have to configure xml files in all the above

    or its convention based

    just want to know out of curiosity

    not here to start flamewar b/w ruby, java

    regards
    gaurav
    gaurav v bagga, Jan 30, 2007
  4. gaurav v bagga

    Danno Guest

    On Jan 29, 9:19 pm, "gaurav v bagga" <> wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i haven't used them but will like to know is it that
    > you have to configure xml files in all the above
    >
    > or its convention based
    >
    > just want to know out of curiosity
    >
    > not here to start flamewar b/w ruby, java
    >
    > regards
    > gaurav

    hahah. No flame war, cause I use ruby too, although not as much as
    java.
    I use EJB3.0 and that uses annotation based configuration, and it is
    just the same amount of typing as in rails.
    There is no scaffolding out of the box, although there are open source
    projects out there, and you do your own deployment.
    Danno, Jan 30, 2007
  5. gaurav v bagga

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    gaurav v bagga wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i haven't used them but will like to know is it that
    > you have to configure xml files in all the above
    >
    > or its convention based
    >
    > just want to know out of curiosity

    Get googling then!

    Alex Hunsley, Jan 30, 2007
  6. gaurav v bagga

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Alex Hunsley, Jan 31, 2007
  7. Hi,

    If I would have got answer from google would have not posted it
    here :)

    Group is for sharing and learning from others experience so thought of
    posting it here.

    Regards
    Gaurav
    gaurav v bagga, Feb 2, 2007
  8. "gaurav v bagga" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > If I would have got answer from google would have not posted it
    > here :)
    >
    > Group is for sharing and learning from others experience so thought of
    > posting it here.

    What are you talking about?

    Is this in regards to some previous article? If it is you should quote that
    article.

    --
    LTP

    :)
    Luc The Perverse, Feb 2, 2007
  9. gaurav v bagga

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    gaurav v bagga wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > If I would have got answer from google would have not posted it
    > here :)
    >
    > Group is for sharing and learning from others experience so thought of
    > posting it here.

    Fair enough, discussion is certainly ok.
    I just thought you were looking for some details that you might be able
    to find by reading up on Hibernate etc.

    Btw, in future can you please quote the text you are replying to? Thanks.
    lex

    Alex Hunsley, Feb 2, 2007
  10. Hi,

    Thanks not interested anymore.
    This group was really helpful till now :).

    Hope this time caps and line breaks are fine.
    Even then also it SUCKS just IGNORE NO NEED TO REPLY.

    THAT I"LL APPRECIATE MORE.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/
    browse_thread/thread/8af4ca03ceef4f22/
    be88d56de48365c4#be88d56de48365c4

    The above thread and this one has really created lot of problems.
    I posted hoping I'll get HELP but invain people instead of helping me
    gave kind of help which was not worth.

    One thing I dont know who this guy is Nukleus he has got KEEN
    observation :)

    If person reading this wants to know "Who is Nukleus?" refer thread
    above.

    If at last somebody thinks he can help me with a reply he is welcome

    I already have lost hopes of any HELP.

    regards
    Gaurav
    gaurav v bagga, Feb 3, 2007
  11. gaurav v bagga

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    gaurav v bagga wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks not interested anymore.
    > This group was really helpful till now :).
    >
    > Hope this time caps and line breaks are fine.
    > Even then also it SUCKS just IGNORE NO NEED TO REPLY.
    >
    > THAT I"LL APPRECIATE MORE.

    Don't shout, please.

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/
    > browse_thread/thread/8af4ca03ceef4f22/
    > be88d56de48365c4#be88d56de48365c4

    > The above thread and this one has really created lot of problems.
    > I posted hoping I'll get HELP but invain people instead of helping me
    > gave kind of help which was not worth.

    Do you think people are obliged to give you a certain specific thing
    your are looking for? They are not. Get over your sense of entitlement.

    Have a big huff and leave if you really want, it's no skin off our nose
    - it's not like we get paid to do this. Do you imagine this is a drop in
    help-desk where you can *demand* answers? Not so.

    > One thing I dont know who this guy is Nukleus he has got KEEN
    > observation :)
    >
    > If person reading this wants to know "Who is Nukleus?" refer thread
    > above.
    >
    > If at last somebody thinks he can help me with a reply he is welcome
    >
    > I already have lost hopes of any HELP.

    Then leave us alone and stop whining please.
    Alex Hunsley, Feb 3, 2007
  12. gaurav v bagga

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    gaurav v bagga wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks not interested anymore.
    > This group was really helpful till now :).
    >
    > Hope this time caps and line breaks are fine.
    > Even then also it SUCKS just IGNORE NO NEED TO REPLY.
    >
    > THAT I"LL APPRECIATE MORE.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/
    > browse_thread/thread/8af4ca03ceef4f22/
    > be88d56de48365c4#be88d56de48365c4
    >
    > The above thread and this one has really created lot of problems.

    I never did see the above post you linked to on google....

    >nukleus wrote:
    >> Alex Hunsley wrote:
    >> > Hint: if you start using capital letters (in the right places), form
    >> > complete sentences, and take out random line breaks in the middle of
    >> > sentences, people will take you more seriously.

    >>Hint means you know something the other does not,
    >>which, in its turn, implies that you take it for granted
    >>that you are "holier" than him,
    >>and YOU are to teach HIM as to where Sun rises in the morning,
    >>which further implies that you are but an arrogant bustardazoid,

    I am allowed to write "Hint" because I have been using Usenet for 15
    years. I am allowed to write "Hint" because I have been using
    comp.lang.java.* for many years. In short, I've been around long enough
    to know that how people present their posts can have an effect on how
    many answers they get (amongst things). Get over it. And pointing out
    these things is actually an attempt to help the poster get better
    answers in future. But by all means, feel free throw the toys out of the
    pram and leave/have a strop/whatever.
    Alex Hunsley, Feb 3, 2007