ActiveX and asp.net

Guest

I have developed an active x control which is used within a windows
application. The activex control acts as an interface with an api com
component registered on all client machines (Intranet).

This all works great.

The problem I now have is that the windows application needs to be replaced
with a browser based application. At first I though "no big deal, i'll just
embed the activex in IE". Of course the big problem is that the webapp needs
to fire off methods in the activex control client side AND get the returned
results. If I do it in code it will be server side which is of no use to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?
I would really like to reuse the activex.