Unable to use Activex control in Asp.Net 2.0

Krishna Chytanya

Hi
I have an activex control which I am able to place in a Windows
Application without any problems. But when I include the same control in
ASP.Net page, whenever I try to access the page the browser (IE 6.0)
crashes. I have lowered the security settings of IE to load unsigned
activex controls. But the problem is not resolved. Can someone please point
me in the right direction regarding the root cause of the problem.

Cheers
Krishna Chytanya

Michael Nemtsev, MVP

Hello Krishna,

could you demonstrate how do you use your activeX control in asp.net page?

---
WBR,

KC> page, whenever I try to access the page the browser (IE 6.0)
KC> crashes. I have lowered the security settings of IE to load unsigned
KC> activex controls. But the problem is not resolved. Can someone
KC> please point me in the right direction regarding the root cause of
KC> the problem.

Krishna Chytanya

Hi Michael
I am using <object> tags of HTML. There is no other control on the aspx
page. The activex control is registered in my development machine and all
the required attributes like classid and codebase of the object tag are set.

Cheers
Krishna Chytanya K