    the boundary of intranet.

    I have gone through some msdn sites but I want to know how practically
    it is being done.

    jignesh, Jul 8, 2007

  2. Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 8, 2007

  3. jignesh

    jignesh Guest

    On Jul 8, 10:31 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "jignesh" <> wrote in message

    > > I have gone through some msdn sites but I want to know how practically
    > > it is being done.

    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&hl=en-GB&ie=UT...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Hi Mark,

    Thanks for the response.

    I was unable to access the first link. Can you just post the content
    here.

    Even I have already checked the second link on google and check out
    the various options there.

    But can you tell me what would be best suited for signing an ActiveX
    control for intranet usage.

    Also whether i would be requiring to pay anything from my pocket for
    signing purpose.

    jignesh, Jul 9, 2007
  4. "jignesh" <> wrote in message

    > I was unable to access the first link. Can you just post the content
    > here.

    I only posted one link...

    > But can you tell me what would be best suited for signing an ActiveX
    > control for intranet usage.

    You would need a certificate from a trusted provider e.g. Thawte, Verisign,
    GeoTrust etc...

    > Also whether i would be requiring to pay anything from my pocket for
    > signing purpose.

    Yes.

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 9, 2007
  5. jignesh

    jignesh Guest

    Mark, thank you for the reply.

    I tried my best to get the free certificate that i can used to have my
    activeX working in the web page. And you won't believe, but we did
    manage to do it.

    We used the -r option with the makecert to create the certificate and
    then use it to sign our activeX.

    In this case microsoft browser doesn't trust the certificate we have.
    But once the certificate is included in trusted list, we can have our
    activeX downloaded from a server to any comp on intranet.

    jignesh, Jul 15, 2007
  6. "jignesh" <> wrote in message

    > I tried my best to get the free certificate that i can used to have my
    > activeX working in the web page. And you won't believe, but we did
    > manage to do it.

    Are you sure that this use is permitted in a production environment...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 15, 2007