add further args to win32com.client.Dispatch?

Discussion in 'Python' started by selwyn, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. selwyn

    selwyn Guest

    hi,

    this is my first foray into the mysteries of COM and dlls, so please
    humour me.

    I have been provided with a dll interface for a connection to a web-server.
    The documentation provided is clear that the dll requires the server
    config file to be in same folder as the dll.

    I know the dll is installed and registered properly, as is the server
    config file, because the test gui provided works as expected, and fails
    as expected when the server config file is moved elsewhere.

    However, when I try in the relevant directory with
    >>>from win32com.client import Dispatch
    >>>obj = Dispatch('PAVI.IPAV')

    I get a gui dialog message of
    "Error: No server configured."

    The desired methods within the dll are subsequently available, but
    without a working server connection they are useless.

    I know this may be a long-shot, is there some way to specify the config
    file as an additional argument to win32com.client.Dispatch or friends?

    Otherwise what further options should I look into?

    many thanks,
    Selwyn
    selwyn, Jul 1, 2004