further information :

GUICHARD Pascal

To Saynatkari

Hello Saynatkari <ruby-ml magical-cat.org>,

if you send me your email, we could talk directly without annoying this entire ML.

I am the ruby interested newbie that launched the subject.

I would to hear from you, some further comments about twisted, and explanations for me to understand what makes it an "horrendous

piece of convoluted, sick and strangely engineered work" and what

ruby libraries you could point for me to get equal and maybe b

better functionnalities.

as it seems you have a great ruby world knowledge, do you know some ruby bridge with ruby world.

thanks,

"Nous n'héritons pas la terre de nos ancêtres, nous l'empruntons à nos enfants"

"La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Subject: Re: Ruby Libraries (was Re: Re:)

From: Saynatkari <ruby-ml magical-cat.org>

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:39:02 +0900

Le 17/4/2005, "James Edward Gray II" <james grayproductions.net> a

qDrit:
On Apr 16, 2005, at 7:19 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:

This isn't the same, in my opinion.

The Socket/Server classes are very low level. GServer is more of a
high-level approach but assumes Ruby's non-native threads are all you
need for server IO and that's really only true in simple applications.
Remember, a large write is all it takes to halt the entire Ruby

Also remember that POE/Twisted include event loop implementations.
That can be quite handy.

I personally would love to see the Ruby equivalent of POE/Twisted.
Might push us into the server world a bit more...

I would love to see you're opinion of why it isn't needed, as long as
we can debate it a little. :)

My opinion on the matter is that Twisted is a horrendous

piece of convoluted, sick and strangely engineered work

(no experience with POE), and therefore not suitable for

duplication.

I have a wrapper library for libevent somewhere. Perhaps

I will dust it off if I can locate it.

James Edward Gray II