    need several dependencies, one of them is the pcre module but I found
    no pcre.py or pcre.pyc file. Someone knows where to find something to
    solve my problem. Thanks a lot
    odlfox, Jan 10, 2007

  2. odlfox

    robert Guest

    odlfox wrote:
    > I hav to add the re (regular expressions) functionality to an
    > Embeded device that I'm using. I read the re.py file and it says I
    > need several dependencies, one of them is the pcre module but I found
    > no pcre.py or pcre.pyc file. Someone knows where to find something to
    > solve my problem. Thanks a lot

    that drills down to a .dll/.so thing depending on installation and python version.

    Best make a project/test/dummy script using all the things you want - or actually your project as it.
    And then use cx-freeze like "FreezePython -OO mystart.py" to let him collect all the dependent modules in a dist-folder. Then you don't have to worry about all the details yourself.
    You can also use UPX and 7zip to further compress the dll's/so's and the py-modules zip archive well.

    Robert
    robert, Jan 10, 2007