Add user to roll when registering

Marty

I have created a web site and defined 3 rolls: Admin, Manager,
Employee
I would like to add all users to the Employee roll automatically when
they register.
Anybody have a suggestion or material I could read that explains how
to do this?
Most everything I read you add the user manually after they register.

I am using the standard login controls with asp 2.0

Thanks
Marty

Arthur Dent

How are the roles defined? In the IIS management pages, in a database, in
some other medium?

You may want to look at using custom a custom class derived from
RoleProvider.

Someplace to start anyway.....

Marty

Thanks for the reply Arthur,
I defined the roles using the web administration tool in VS2005.
It is connecting to a SQL 2005 Server on a web host.
Maybe I'll have to look at using the createduser method from the
createuser control or something. I was just wondering if there was a
way to do this already defined.