adding a custom vb.net winform control in asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by ElCapitan, Mar 14, 2006.

  1. ElCapitan

    ElCapitan Guest

    greetings all,

    I am new to adding controls to a webpage, i have created a control in
    vb.net and build the solution, I then took the dll file and stuck it in
    the root directory of the home page. I added this object tag to the
    body of the page

    <object id="simpleControl1"
    classid="http:WindowsControlLibrary1.dll#Microsoft.Samples.WinForms.Cs.UserControl1.UserControl1"
    height="300" width="300" VIEWASTEXT><param name="Text" value="Simple
    Control">
    </object>

    also tried using WindowsControlLibrary1.dll instead of http:...

    When I load the page I get a box with those little shapes on the upper
    left hand corner (like a little triangle, circle and a box) almost as
    if there is supposed to be an image that was not loaded there.

    I downloaded an example in c# and it worked so I am not sure if the
    security settings are my problem, I added localhost to my trusted
    sites.

    Please let me know if anyone can help me with this, thanks.
    ElCapitan, Mar 14, 2006

  2. ElCapitan

    ElCapitan Guest

    nevermind, you need to use a webform control and not a winform control,
    that was dumb.
    ElCapitan, Mar 14, 2006