    what would be the best option? its an intranet based system

    Cheers,
    Craig

    Craig G, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Craig G

    Scott Allen Guest

    In this scenario I'd generally favor keeping the object in the Cache.

    Using XML files can be very messy - it's easy to have a file locked
    when you want to read or delete it.

    As for Viewstate, you could always enable the Trace for a page and
    take a look at how many bytes you are adding to the response. Since it
    is an intranet app you'll have a higher threshold of pain, but watch
    the byte count. It's hard to say or yay or nay without doing some
    measurements first.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/