adding atlas controls to an existing web app

Guest

I have a question on atlas:
I can create an 'atlas project' and I can add atlas controls fine. but when
I try and add an atlas control to an existing asp.net web app I can't, Why?

I did notice that the web.cofig file is different then a normal web app
web.config.
Do I need to add anything to the web.config file of my existing web app or no?
I have the Microsfot.Web.Atlas.dll referenced in my web app.

what else do I need to do to add atlas/ajax to my existing web app?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, you need to add Atlas entries to your web.config.
I suggest you look at the Atlas web.config file and either try and pick out
the pieces you need or just copy it all into your web.config, depending on
how much tinker time you have.

John

I did that but got compile errors such as unrecognized sections or can't
have <configSection> twice
and the <configSection> is only in the file once.

I thought with atlas/ajax you could add components etc to an existing app
without any issues?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello igotyourdotnet,

In ATLAT project, it not only reference the "Microsoft.Web.Atlas" dll, but
also register many custom configuration sections and httphandlers in the
web.config. You need to also configure them in your own ASP.NET 2.0 web
application. They're:

** custom section handlers:

** httphandlers sections

** httpmodules sections

** compilation/buildprovider sections

And there're also predefined control library tagprefix in the
pages/Controls section.

You should check all of them and copy the same settings to your own web
application.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

MrStylz

I had the same issue.

All I did to fix this was to move the <configSection> node directly
below the <configuration> node.

I also compared my web.config side by side with the SampleAtlas
web.config to ensure that I had everything under the correct node. I
copy/pasted all of the necessary Atlas web.config into my existing
web.config.

Of course, as stated above, make sure you have the
Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll in your Bin folder and added as a reference.