adding values into a drop down list

Claudia Fong

Hi,

Is there a way to add dynamic values into a drop down list?

I mean, I will do a query to count how many items I have and then add
that number into the ddl.

For example if the query result is 9, then I will add item 1 to 9 into
drop down list. If is 8, I will add 1 to 8.. and so on.. the max is 10..

I usded to use this line to add, but I have to specify the value.. can I
put a variable instead?
drpCart.Items.Insert(0, new ListItem("1", "1"));

Cheers!

Claudi

Aidy

int count = 5;

for (int i = 1; i <= count; i++)

{

drpCart.Items.Add(new ListItem(i.ToString(), i.ToString()));