ADO/ASP odd timeout error

ivenner

Hi

I have an access 2000 db that I am using to store some lookup
information that is being used in an ASP page. The data populates to
screen fine, however if I refresh, or re-access, it with 2 minutes of
the initial load I get an error mesage on th line that opens the
database.

In a nutshell the code in th ASP page works as follows:

data access configured and connection opened
data read back to web page
data connection closed

The code for the first section is:

dim connection
dim sSQL
dim rsCheck
connDir="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};
DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\"
Set connection=Server.Createobject("ADODB.Connection")
connection.Open connDir + "data.mdb"

The final section is this:

connection.close
Set connection=nothing

The oddest part is that these two sections of code are kept in include
files that are common to a number of WWW sites I have written, and they
do not have this issue.

The record sets used in code are all closed immediately after they have
been used, I am fastidious about this.
I am at a loss, any ideas would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Ian