ADO/ASP odd timeout error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ivenner, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. ivenner

    ivenner Guest

    Hi

    I have an access 2000 db that I am using to store some lookup
    information that is being used in an ASP page. The data populates to
    screen fine, however if I refresh, or re-access, it with 2 minutes of
    the initial load I get an error mesage on th line that opens the
    database.

    In a nutshell the code in th ASP page works as follows:

    data access configured and connection opened
    data read back to web page
    data connection closed

    The code for the first section is:

    dim connection
    dim sSQL
    dim rsCheck
    connDir="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};
    DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\"
    Set connection=Server.Createobject("ADODB.Connection")
    connection.Open connDir + "data.mdb"

    The final section is this:

    connection.close
    Set connection=nothing

    The oddest part is that these two sections of code are kept in include
    files that are common to a number of WWW sites I have written, and they
    do not have this issue.

    The record sets used in code are all closed immediately after they have
    been used, I am fastidious about this.
    I am at a loss, any ideas would be gratefully received.

    Cheers
    Ian

    ivenner, Jan 31, 2005