    TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

    I am using following contenttype:
    charset=iso-8859-1">

    Frakes, Apr 4, 2007

  2. >>>>>>
    "Frakes" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    I'm using ADO to read an access database using ASP.

    My problem is, that i get e.g. ü instead of ü

    Does anyone know y?

    I am using following doctype:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
    TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

    I am using following contenttype:
    charset=iso-8859-1">
    <<<<<<

    It might help if you showed us the code you use to retrieve the value from
    the DB and forward to the client.

    Here are a couple of potential scenarios.

    1.) The response codepage is set to 65001 but your meta tag says its
    iso-8859-1. The sort of corruption you are seeing is exactly what I'd
    expect to see. (BTW, the http-equic is real ugly. Use Response.ContentType
    and Response.CharSet that modifiy the header properly).

    2.) The field actually does contain ü instead of ü, use an independant tool
    like Access itself to take a look.

    Finally why use ISO-8859-1? If you going to the trouble of using xhtml you
    might as well go with UTF-8 as well.

    Anthony Jones, Apr 5, 2007