Adobe form - javascript 'error opening url"

frenchy

I am getting this error in Adobe after struggling with a 'submit'
button on an acrobat form that is in production and all the other
appdev people in the office are NOT having a problem with. It submits
the form to the web successfully for them, for me the button just
clicks and does nothing. So we turned on my javascript debug in Adobe
and are getting this?

Acrobat EScript Built-in Functions Version 6.0
Acrobat Annotations / Collaboration Built-in Functions Version 6.0
Acrobat Database Connectivity Built-in Functions Version 6.0
Acrobat Multimedia Version 6.0

RaiseError: Error opening URL to submit this form
Global.submitForm:59:Field Submit:Mouse Up
===> Error opening URL to submit this form

(repeated 4 times)

Any ideas? We've tried everything short of cramming a cold pancake
into the CD drive. Internet security settings, reloading Adobe
Professional, etc. Thanks!
Frenchy

Paul

frenchy said:
[...]

care to post the javascript causing the problem?

frenchy

Paul said:
care to post the javascript causing the problem?>>

Here she be. This thing seems to work for everybody in the world
except me so there must be a glitch on my machine somewhere, we also
tried uninstalling all Java software on my machine and reinstalling
latest Java IE platform from java.com and we still get the same error,
though now at least the error reporting is slightly better. I'm
supposed to be the web developer here (that's a laugh!) but mine is the
only machine having the problem.
It's telling me It's blowing on the this.submitForm. thanks!

if ( this.getField("LastName").value == "")
{
app.alert("Please Enter Your Last Name.");
this.getField("LastName").setFocus();
}
else
{
if ( this.getField("FirstName").value == "")
{
app.alert("Please Enter Your First Name.");
this.getField("FirstName").setFocus();
}
else
{
if ( this.getField("SSN").value == "" &&
this.getField("casenum").value == "" )
{
app.alert("Please Enter Either Your Social Security Number
or a Case Number.");
this.getField("SSN").setFocus();
}
else
{
if ( this.getField("address").value == "")
{
app.alert("Please Enter Your Address.");
this.getField("address").setFocus();
}
else
{
if ( this.getField("city").value == "")
{
app.alert("Please Enter Your City.");
this.getField("city").setFocus();
}
else
{
if ( this.getField("state").value == "")
{
app.alert("Please Enter Your State.");
this.getField("state").setFocus();
}
else
{
if ( this.getField("zip").value == "")
{
app.alert("Please Enter Your 5 Digit Zip
Code.");
this.getField("zip").setFocus();
}
else
{
if ( this.getField("txtdesc").value == "")
{
app.alert("Please Enter a Explanation
or Description of your Inquiry/Dispute Concerns.");
this.getField("txtdesc").setFocus();
}
else
{
this.submitForm("/Programs/Forms/modIDS_form_PDF.asp?flashdone=1",false);
this.resetForm();
getURL("/Programs/Forms/forms.asp?mod=1&flashdone=1", false);

frenchy

Also I downloaded Firefox, and the script runs fine using that. Just
not in IE (IE6).
thanks