ADSI vs. System.DirectoryServices

Guest

I have a asp.net application that needs to access Active Directory information.

I setup the retrieval using System.DirectoryServices to access directReports
of a user together with directReports of managers that the user is an
assistant to. The problem is it takes a long time to retrieve the
information (> 11 seconds).

I then setup the retrieval using ADSI com object and the retrieval only
takes 3 seconds. Using the getex method is a lot quicker. There doesn't
seem to be anything in DirectoryServices that replicates that method.

Does anyone know if there is any issues using the old retrieval method (ADSI
com object) vs. using the new DirectoryServices namespace in .NET?

Barbara Alderton