After changing security settings Post-method returns emty variables

Asp Help

I'm working on a ASP applicatition to create Windows 2000 users.
Because I don't want everybody to have access to the site I've changed
te security in IIS 5.0 which runs on a windows 2000 Sp4 server:

The security on the site is mainly anonymous. The anonymous account has
been changed to an account which has the right permissions. The security
on one asp page (GetUser.asp) is changed to only "Windows Integrated".
A User that access the site is redirected from Default.asp to Getuser.asp
where the users
account name is catched with:
Session("Username")=Request.Servervariables("AUTH_USER").

Next, the user is redirected to ValidateUser.asp which checks if
Session("Username") is member
of the right group. The security on this file is back again set to
Anonymous. If the
validation is succesfull the user is redirected to the Main.asp file. The
Main.asp page will only be
showed if the user is validated.

The problem is that when the security is set as i've described above the
POST-Method on
Main.asp does only return empty variables. When I redirect the user directly
to Main.asp
the POST-method works well.

Is there anybody who can explain why the POST method doesn't work ?

Thanks in advance

Ernesto

Patrice

I would check the IIS log. What do you mean by "redirect the user direcly to
main" ? If you POST to another page and then redirect to main, loosing the
POST variables is an expected behavior (as you issue a second request, you
loose values posted by the first request).

If you redirect from page to page to get functionnalties, I would strongly
suggest to have functions in a library and call these functions. This way
you'll be able to post directly to the page and control flow logic will be
much more easy to understand....

Patrice

Asp Help

Thanks for the answer Patrice,

<I would check the IIS log.>
There are no errors in the IIS log.

<What do you mean by "redirect the user direcly to
main" ? >

What I mean is that when I redirect the user via default.asp page direct to
the Main.asp everything works correct.

The code in default.asp: <% Response.Redirect("Main.asp")
Response.End %>

When I redirect the user via Default.asp to Getuser.Asp to ValidateUser.asp
to Main.Asp, the post method of Main.asp doesn't
function. Once a user is validated he won't be redirected anymore and will
stay in Main.asp. The Post-method of Main.asp page, posts to itself (to
Main.asp).
So I'am not posting to an other page and the variables shouldn't be empty.

Hopefully I've made myself clear,

Any suggestions how to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance

Ernestro