Age expires

3

3P

Hi.

Can someone explain how cacheing in browser works?

YSlow shows there is no Age Expires on my JS and graphics files. But
Firebug when I hit the page for 2nd and next times
shows that these files are cached and shows status 304 Not Modified.

I tried changing headers for specific files in IIS and it didn't change
what Firebug is showing. So are my files cached or not?

Guest

Hi.

Can someone explain how cacheing in browser works?

YSlow shows there is no Age Expires on my JS and graphics files. But
Firebug when I hit the page for 2nd and next times
shows that these files are cached and shows status 304 Not Modified.

I tried changing headers for specific files in IIS and it didn't change
what Firebug is showing. So are my files cached or not?

So, maybe YSlow shows this wrong?

Guest

None of ASP.NET programmers interested in some caching of web application
elements?

How does this related to asp.net? If graphic file is not a result of
output from aspx/ashx then this is matter of IIS. You said that YSlow
shows there is no Age Expires and Firebug also doesn't show those
headers, so what the problem then? Maybe you need to explain more
regarding your question, otherwise it seems it is not clear. How do
you change headers for specific files in IIS? What is the final goal
of the work they are doing?