Agents/Aglets vs. RMI

The Ellisons

Hello everyone and thank you to everyone for replying to this post.

I was wondering if anybody out there could give me some help as to
which is better in the terms of data finding over the internet. I have
a small project that I wish to develop which scans the Internet and
connected machines for numerical data. As we know this can be hard and
time consuming using search engines. Preferably, I would like to
create an Agent/Aglet or the like that can do the work for me. Call
this laziness, I do. LOL!

I have searched and read up on a small range of the above, and would
now like to get some feedback as to which would be a better
implementation method. The data that I need to search is sometimes in
online databases and similar related files.

If there is another technology that I am overlooking could you please
let me know.

Thanking you all very much.
John