ajax.asp.net Tools and Firewall Settings

Mike McAllister

Can anyone recommend generic documentation on how to allow AJAX to work
through our firewall? I need help convincing our IT department that our
firewall is blocking AJAX from Internet-side clients.

Thanks.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Mike,

I'm not aware of any explicit settings are required for AJAX to work
through firewall. Would you please depict more on the issues you're
experiencing?

You may want to check if there's any setting in the firewall to remove http
headers which may required by AJAX calls. Also, if the firewall or proxy
has cache, you may want to clear them and test again.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Mike,

Please feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can help.