AJAX Asp.net

Nico VanHaaster

Ok,

I am really frustraited. I just started looking into the Ajax ASP.net.
And have some real big issues. And its only with Visual Studio.

I have installed the AJAX 2.0 off of www.asp.net/ajax on both my
production server and my machine. I currently am developing from a
remote location through Front Page Extensions (thats where i think my
problem is).

I have over written my config file with the one supplied in the
Microsoft Asp.net folder, i have added a reference to the
System.Web.Services.dll file.

I have tried on a completly different server creating a new website
AJAX enabled and still the same problem.

In VS 2005 (sp1) all the elements come up with the same error :
Element xyz is not a know element.

Now if i just do a real simple example such as:
<asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>
<asp:UpdatePanel id="UpdatePanel" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></
asp:Label><br />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
</ContentTemplate>
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="Button1"
EventName="Click" />
</Triggers>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

And browse to the page it works just fine, I get the proper asynconous
calls, no error messages. Just VS doesn't recognize these controls as
valid.

Please help me before i have to buy a new monitor!!

Nico VanHaaster

Just to add on to that. When using VS2008 i have no problems with
these tools..

Now i am more confused. Could uninstalling VS2005 and re-installing it
help?

Lloyd Sheen

Nico VanHaaster said:
Just to add on to that. When using VS2008 i have no problems with
these tools..

Now i am more confused. Could uninstalling VS2005 and re-installing it
help?

I think if you check the VS 2008 page you will see a reference to a
procedure which you need to do to make VS 2005 work with Ajax if you install
VS 2008. I do not have the link but I saw it yesterday (not on this
workstation so I don't have a history to the link).

Hope this helps
LS

Nico VanHaaster

Can anyone point me to a resource that Lloyd is speaking of?

I have googled for a few hours and nothing..

Much appreciated

Teemu Keiski

Check that you indeed have the web.config having all the needed pieces in
VS2005. You should have though if you used AJAX-enabled project/web site
template

Lloyd Sheen

Nico VanHaaster said:
Can anyone point me to a resource that Lloyd is speaking of?

I have googled for a few hours and nothing..

Much appreciated

PS scroll down to the text

After the Beta 2 installation has finished, you should run this script to
ensure that the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2 will not affect
the development of ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 applications.

LS