Ajax for Credit Card Processing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by milop, Mar 29, 2008.

  1. milop

    milop Guest

    Hello.

    I have a web app that accepts credit card payments.

    I want to use AJAX to do an asynchronous post to the server and process the
    payment. I am using the UpdateProgress control to show a progress indicator.

    Two questions:

    1) If the user clicks the button more twice will the payment be processed
    twice? I performed a test where I just added text to a lable in the same
    UpdatePanel as the button and the text did not "double up" when I clicked
    the Submit button twice. So it "seems" as though the payment wouldn't be
    process twice. And,

    2) Is there a way to "Lock" the screen so that the user can't click the
    Submit button more than once (in the event that my assumption in #1 is
    wrong)?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike

    milop, Mar 29, 2008

  2. "milop" <> wrote in message

    > 2) Is there a way to "Lock" the screen so that the user can't click the
    > Submit button more than once (in the event that my assumption in #1 is
    > wrong)?

    Why not just disable the button as soon as it has been clicked once...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Mar 29, 2008

  3. milop

    Askana

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    You can Disable or hide the button after the user clicks on the Submit button .

    Askana, Mar 29, 2008
  4. On Mar 29, 3:17 am, "milop" <> wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I have a web app that accepts credit card payments.
    >
    > I want to use AJAX to do an asynchronous post to the server and process the
    > payment. I am using the UpdateProgress control to show a progress indicator.
    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > 1) If the user clicks the button more twice will the payment be processed
    > twice? I performed a test where I just added text to a lable in the same
    > UpdatePanel as the button and the text did not "double up" when I clicked
    > the Submit button twice. So it "seems" as though the payment wouldn't be
    > process twice. And,

    What processing service do you use? I think upon clicking the button
    you will get redirected to the payment page to make the payment
    (entering data). In this case it wouldn't be process twice in any case.

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 29, 2008
  5. "milop" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I have a web app that accepts credit card payments.
    >
    > I want to use AJAX to do an asynchronous post to the server and process
    > the payment. I am using the UpdateProgress control to show a progress
    > indicator.
    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > 1) If the user clicks the button more twice will the payment be processed
    > twice? I performed a test where I just added text to a lable in the same
    > UpdatePanel as the button and the text did not "double up" when I clicked
    > the Submit button twice. So it "seems" as though the payment wouldn't be
    > process twice. And,

    There are a couple of ways to avoid this. One is to set up, as part of your
    asynch request, a "code" (GUID is fine) that is sent with the request. You
    can avoid double bumps by storing the "code" when the user clicks the button
    the first time. You then check for status of that code prior to running the
    payment.

    I would use the disable as well as this, just in case.

    > 2) Is there a way to "Lock" the screen so that the user can't click the
    > Submit button more than once (in the event that my assumption in #1 is
    > wrong)?

    AJAX allows you to use a modal dialog. You can bring it down when the asynch
    return is complete. You can also disable the button on click, which is a bit
    easier. It depends on whether you want the user to be able to do nothing or
    not.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Mar 29, 2008
  6. milop

    milop Guest

    Hi Greg. Thanks for the response.

    Yes, I want the user to do nothing. Is there a modal dialog "object" as part
    of AJAX?

    message news:...

    milop, Mar 31, 2008
  7. milop

    milop Guest

    I could do that but I'm curious about AJAX's behavior.

    milop, Mar 31, 2008