Ajax for Credit Card Processing

milop

Hello.

I have a web app that accepts credit card payments.

I want to use AJAX to do an asynchronous post to the server and process the
payment. I am using the UpdateProgress control to show a progress indicator.

Two questions:

1) If the user clicks the button more twice will the payment be processed
twice? I performed a test where I just added text to a lable in the same
UpdatePanel as the button and the text did not "double up" when I clicked
the Submit button twice. So it "seems" as though the payment wouldn't be
process twice. And,

2) Is there a way to "Lock" the screen so that the user can't click the
Submit button more than once (in the event that my assumption in #1 is
wrong)?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mark Rae [MVP]

2) Is there a way to "Lock" the screen so that the user can't click the
Submit button more than once (in the event that my assumption in #1 is
wrong)?

Why not just disable the button as soon as it has been clicked once...?

Guest

Hello.

I have a web app that accepts credit card payments.

I want to use AJAX to do an asynchronous post to the server and process the
payment. I am using the UpdateProgress control to show a progress indicator.

Two questions:

1) If the user clicks the button more twice will the payment be processed
twice? I performed a test where I just added text to a lable in the same
UpdatePanel as the button and the text did not "double up" when I clicked
the Submit button twice. So it "seems" as though the payment wouldn't be
process twice. And,

What processing service do you use? I think upon clicking the button
you will get redirected to the payment page to make the payment
(entering data). In this case it wouldn't be process twice in any case.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

milop said:
Hello.

I have a web app that accepts credit card payments.

I want to use AJAX to do an asynchronous post to the server and process
the payment. I am using the UpdateProgress control to show a progress
indicator.

Two questions:

1) If the user clicks the button more twice will the payment be processed
twice? I performed a test where I just added text to a lable in the same
UpdatePanel as the button and the text did not "double up" when I clicked
the Submit button twice. So it "seems" as though the payment wouldn't be
process twice. And,

There are a couple of ways to avoid this. One is to set up, as part of your
asynch request, a "code" (GUID is fine) that is sent with the request. You
can avoid double bumps by storing the "code" when the user clicks the button
the first time. You then check for status of that code prior to running the
payment.

I would use the disable as well as this, just in case.
2) Is there a way to "Lock" the screen so that the user can't click the
Submit button more than once (in the event that my assumption in #1 is
wrong)?

AJAX allows you to use a modal dialog. You can bring it down when the asynch
return is complete. You can also disable the button on click, which is a bit
easier. It depends on whether you want the user to be able to do nothing or
not.

milop

Hi Greg. Thanks for the response.

Yes, I want the user to do nothing. Is there a modal dialog "object" as part
of AJAX?