    nTier design.

    Can someone shed light on a good use for these OO features?

    -Scott
    Scott M., Mar 18, 2009

  2. Scott M.

    bruce barker Guest

    the ajax toolkit was designed to be a control extender. to allow control
    from multiple vendors a namespace was required. creating symmetry with
    ..net probably seemed like a good idea (when the project was started
    there were several oo toolkits). for writing client code, other then
    webservice calls and standardized event hooksups there little there.

    this is probably why jQuery has become so popular with MS (at least the
    mvc and dynamic data teams). its makes use of javascript features and
    concentrates on dom modifications (what you typically do in javascript).

    if severside controls are spewing your javascript, the ajax kit is
    great, if you are writing client script, then look at jQuery.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 18, 2009

  3. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest

    Hi Bruce,

    Are you saying that the OOP facade the the Ajax Library provides was/is
    intended primarially for control developers to be able to have their
    controls emit code/data to the client and then the client would have OOP
    capabilities to deal with that inbound data/code?

    If so, that's great, but it does seem to me that, if this is the case, then
    most folks misunderstand the proper use for the client libary, as every
    example I see shows how to use it to make business objects in the UI, which
    isn't good nTier design.

    Am I off base with this assesment?

    Thanks,

    -Scott