    before updating labels and textboxes, but with tables...do we just add
    a row using javascript to it?

    , Dec 5, 2007

  2. bruce barker Guest

    yes. the browser dom api is close to xml dom api. you create nodes. basically
    you create a tr nodes, and td nodes. and set the innerHTML. you can alsso
    update the table in place, adding or deleteing the extra rows.

    not sure why you don't use an update panel. it just does an ajax call which
    returns the html and sets the inner html.

    you could also have the webservice return the html and do it yourself.

    in any case if you do a 2 sec refresh with ajax you will need to test for
    memory leaks with IE, and fix your code. be sure to read the dom leak section:

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb250448.aspx

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 5, 2007