alert messages and deleting a datagrid row.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lauchlan M, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    Hi.

    I have a delete column in an ASP.NET grid ie, users click on delete and it
    deletes a row.

    It currently has no confirmation dialog

    ie it just goes ahead and deletes it.

    I would like to add a confirmation dialog ("Are you sure you want to delete
    this X? This operation is permanent and cannot be undone.")

    I would like this alert to be done as a Javascript popup if their level of
    browser is up to it, and to have the page posted back with this message if
    their browser does not have javascript (eg PDA's).

    Any suggestions for the best way to go?

    Thanks!

    Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M, Aug 26, 2003

  2. most of the answer is in the second page of this article:

    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    > most of the answer is in the second page of this article:

    Hi Craig.

    This covers the JS popup but not the fallback on the server side repost if
    the browser does not have JS enabled.

    Any ideas there?

    Thx

    lauchlan M