Alert on Session timeout?

Lars Netzel

Hello!

In Global.asax I've seen an event called Session TIme out... I tried Putting
a Response.Write("<script
language=""javascript"">alert('Timeout');</script>")
in there to give a popup when the session times out but it didn't work,
didn't get any errors either... can this be done and how?

Merry Christmas!
/Lars

bruce barker

no. there is no active request when session end fire, so there is no one to
send the response to.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hello!
|
| In Global.asax I've seen an event called Session TIme out... I tried
Putting
| a Response.Write("<script
| language=""javascript"">alert('Timeout');</script>")
| in there to give a popup when the session times out but it didn't work,
| didn't get any errors either... can this be done and how?
|
| Merry Christmas!
| /Lars

Shawn

Hi.
Like Bruce said, it's not possible like you wanted it to be. But there
might be other ways to solve the problem. What is it that you wish to
achieve?

eendii

Event Session Timeout or is it session_end?

if you're using forms authentication, after the session expires and the
user send a request, the event will be triggered.

And you must remember that on session_end event only works for InProc
session state

Lars Netzel

I want to make the timeout of my application to be better looking with a
proper message to the user somehow. Right now I have custom error pages but
that doesn't help on a timeout.. then I have no contact with the objects to
give a nice message.

The best way would be to, in real time, give the user a popup message when
the session dies.

/Lars