All style tags after the first 30 style tags on an HTML page are not applied in Internet Explorer

Rob Nicholson

This is a question about the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q262161

We've got a problem with the Infragistics NetAdvantage presentation controls
which they've suggested it related to this KB article.

But I'm not sure this is correct but I'd like to just confirm what this KB
article actually means. My understanding of this is that a single page can't
have more than 30 style sheets defined. It doesn't matter whether these are
defined as <STYLE> tags in the <HEAD> section or via a linked cascading
style sheet. Do I read this right?

It doesn't meant that a page can't have more than 30 style classes within
these styles sheets neither does it mean that a page can't have more than 30
inline style tags within other elements. Correct?

30 style sheets per page seems very reasonable to me :) Jeez, more than one
would be a interesting situation!

Thanks, Rob

Craig Deelsnyder

Rob said:
[...]

Ha, ha, ha! Of course you can have more than 30 classes. I've easily
had that and more on many apps. Yes, it means 30 files...and as long as
you're not adding them like the sample code there does (which I've never
done in my life), or actually have 30 style tags, you shouldn't see an
error, just the 31st and more styles not being applied....

Ironically I'm sure there are plenty of Infra products that have way
more than 30 classes....

Rob Nicholson

Ironically I'm sure there are plenty of Infra products that have way
more than 30 classes....

I'm sure you're right. The KB article confuses matters with the title of the
article. If it said "All style sheets after the first 30..." then it would
be a lot clearer.

I've asked Infragistics whether their code adds style sheets behind the
scenes.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Nicholson

Ironically I'm sure there are plenty of Infra products that have way
more than 30 classes....

Unfortunately, I've dissected the HTML generated by their WebCombo control
and, unfortunately, it generates an <style>...</style> section PER control.
This means AFAIK that you are limited to 30 of their controls per web page.
Which is too little for one of our more complex pages.

I'm hoping they will resolve this - maybe put all of their classes in one on

Cheers, Rob.