allowed to insert a class between my service proxy and WebServicesClientProtocol?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Jose, May 7, 2004.

  1. Jose

    Jose Guest

    Hello,

    I'm having trouble creating an intermediate class between my asp.net
    web proxy and the WebServicesClientProtocol class.

    Below, i use a custom class, WebServiceInterAgent, to inject some
    custom soap headers. So, instead of my proxy deriving from WSCP, it
    derives from my custom class (which itself derives from WSCP).

    However, this throws an exception. Why is this? Will i not be able to
    do this?

    An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of
    Microsoft.Web.Services.WebServicesClientProtocol. The exception was
    "WebServiceBindingAttribute is required on proxy classes.".

    /* This is my proxy class, generated by VS, but modified to derive
    from my intermediate class */
    [System.Web.Services.WebServiceBindingAttribute(Name="VaultAdminServiceSoap",
    Namespace="http://Services.IntelliChem.com/VaultService")]
    public class Admin : WebServiceInterAgent

    /* This is my intermediate class, purposed to inject SOAP headers */
    public class WebServiceInterAgent :
    Microsoft.Web.Services.WebServicesClientProtocol
    Jose, May 7, 2004