    UpdatePanelAnimationExtenders have their UpdatePanel ID as their
    TargetControlID.

    Is this as designed or is something wrong with the page?
    JC, Jul 19, 2007

  2. All UpdatePanels posting back when panel triggered

    I also have this problem. Whenever a control in an UpdatePanel triggers a
    post-back, then all of the UpdatePanels are triggering a post-back. Can this
    behaviour be changed? It seems to defeat the purpose of AJAX in the first
    place if I end up refreshing the whole page.

    =?Utf-8?B?cml2YWxAbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=, Jul 19, 2007

  3. RE: All UpdatePanels posting back when panel triggered

    More.

    On the Ajax website I've found this

    Review

    This tutorial introduced the concept of using multiple UpdatePanel controls
    on a page. When UpdatePanel controls are not nested you can update each panel
    independently by setting the UpdateMode property to Conditional. (The default
    value of the UpdateMode property is Always. This causes the panel to refresh

    I've not found this to be true. I have two UpdatePanels (with different
    IDs), each set to Conditional. Still, when a child triggers an update in
    UpdatePanel1, UpdatePanel2 also posts back.

    Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?cml2YWxAbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=, Jul 19, 2007
  4. JC

    JC Guest

    Re: All UpdatePanels posting back when panel triggered

    This issue is even more complex. According to the documentation, setting
    UpdateMode to Conditional may mean that the Updated event doesn't fire if
    the UpdatePanel content doesn't change. This could mean that disabled
    buttons won't be enabled.

    From what I understand, the browser sends the whole page to the server, but
    the server only returns the data for the UpdatePanel which was triggered. I
    can see the evidence of this if I set a value for a control not in the
    UpdatePanel, that value is not sent to the browser. Events from triggers
    other than the trigger of interest are not fired.

    JC, Jul 19, 2007