Time:2:32:39 AM
Date:5/9/2004
Browser:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; MyIE2; .NET
CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
URL:/cai/userpage/admin/writetodb.asp
Query:
In localhost I cleared this error by giving IUSER_Computername. I dont
know how to set the same for remote folder. The database is in access.
I even tried setting the connection mode to 3 (admodereadwrite) and
777 (rwx) permission for the db file. Can you guys tell me how to fix
this issue in the remote folder.
Thanks in advance.
Murali.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

muralidharan said:
Hi guys,
I tried creating an application and it worked fine in the localhost. I
uploaded the same into the web in a remote folder. The select or edit
query in the application works fine. Whenever an add or update or
delete query is run it gives me an error saying

Access on remotes (and local as well :) ) gives headaches. You need to give
IIS full control on the shares. THere are share permissions and NTFS
permissions which you need to check...

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328828

Jos

muralidharan said:
Hi guys,
I tried creating an application and it worked fine in the localhost. I
uploaded the same into the web in a remote folder. The select or edit
query in the application works fine. Whenever an add or update or
delete query is run it gives me an error saying
ASPCode:
ASPDescription:
Category:Microsoft JET Database Engine
Column:-1
File:/cai/userpage/admin/writetodb.asp
Line:26
Time:2:32:39 AM
Date:5/9/2004
Browser:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; MyIE2; .NET
CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
URL:/cai/userpage/admin/writetodb.asp
Query:
In localhost I cleared this error by giving IUSER_Computername. I dont
know how to set the same for remote folder. The database is in access.
I even tried setting the connection mode to 3 (admodereadwrite) and
777 (rwx) permission for the db file. Can you guys tell me how to fix
this issue in the remote folder.
Thanks in advance.
Murali.

Your Access mdb file is in a folder without write access.
Most hosting providers will allow you to create a folder with write access.
Sometimes you can do this through a control panel.
Contact your provider.