anchor help

leesangjune

Hi,
I have an anchor at the bottom of web page1 but the link to web page2
only works when I view (or load) webpage1 at least once. Otherwise it
links me to the center of webpage1.

Here is the web page:

http://public.idealab.com/~llee/verify_recognition_all_20061212T09371...

Try going to the bottom of the web page and press "Transaction 2". On
firefox you end up in the middle of the next web page. Now go back to
the original web page and try it again. This time you end up in the
bottom of the next web page.

The top links don't have the fragment identifier but the bottom links
do... I'm talking about the links at the bottom of the page.

How do I fix this??

Thanks.

Ed Mullen

Hi,
I have an anchor at the bottom of web page1 but the link to web page2
only works when I view (or load) webpage1 at least once. Otherwise it
links me to the center of webpage1.

Here is the web page:

http://public.idealab.com/~llee/verify_recognition_all_20061212T09371...

Try going to the bottom of the web page and press "Transaction 2". On
firefox you end up in the middle of the next web page. Now go back to
the original web page and try it again. This time you end up in the
bottom of the next web page.

The top links don't have the fragment identifier but the bottom links
do... I'm talking about the links at the bottom of the page.

How do I fix this??

Thanks.

404 Not Found error.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ed Mullen

Please bottom post, thanks. It's a little hard to follow all of the
links/logic and your URL naming conventions on the page but those links
at the bottom of the page are all internal links. That is, they specify
going to a specific section of a page, not simply loading the page.
They seem to be doing that for me so I'm not sure what the problem
you're having is. Also, it's pretty confusing when you say "web page1"
and "web page2" when there are no such links on the referenced page.
Yeah, I know, you then mention "Transaction2" but it isn't clear to me
how that relates to "web pageX" nor where your entry point to the site
is/should be. Is it Index? Transaction1? Transaction2?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net